Senior Mechanical Engineer open position
- in Denmark, UK or The Faroe Islands
KNUD E. HANSEN is looking for Senior Mechanical engineers to join the company. The successful candidate(s) will provide marine engineering expertise and support to all stages of the Machinery design process for various types of ships and offshore installations; From initial sizing and arrangement of machinery systems to production of P&IDs and associated calculations.
The following outlines the job description in more detail:
- Carry out conversion projects on behalf of owners or yards
- Support process and design improvements in response to cost reduction, energy optimization, environment, value engineering, reliability improvement, and customer satisfaction drivers
- Take the lead role in mechanical design of new vessels, at Tender and Basic design level
- Coordinate drawing changes as required to implement design improvements of KNUD E. HANSEN portfolio of various ship designs
- Communicate with Class and Authorities
- Read, interpret, and comprehend customer specifications and requirements as they relate to new vessels and conversion of vessels
- Maintain a current knowledge of marine industry equipment usage, design trends, design standards and rules
Candidate must as a minimum have:
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a relevant engineering field of study
- Eight (8) years of industry or technically related work experience from European: Ship Owner, shipyard, class, consultancy or other relevant employer.
- Machinery and pipe system design software and office computer tools
- Proficiency to work in a team environment with rapidly changing priorities and perform multiple tasks with critical concurrent deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as minimum in English
- Self-motivated in anticipating, identifying, and taking action on potential issues and problems
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to think independently and formulate conclusions consistent with KNUD E. HANSEN’s high standards
- Demonstrated high level of accountability, integrity and ethics in the performance of assigned tasks
- AutoCad, MS office, 3D-modelling (minor extend)
- Travel as required to support field, client or supplier
What we offer:
At KNUD E HANSEN, the top priority is having great people who can live up to the demanding expectations from our customers in the marine and offshore industry. To help you live up to those expectations, you will have about 80 colleagues which support you when required and give the opportunity to develop your career, including emerging mechanical engineering and state of the art ship design.
This position can be located in Denmark, UK or the Faroe Islands.
Location in Denmark: Helsingør or Odense
Submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write "Senior Mechanical Engineer" in the subject field. We will hold interviews regularly until the right candidate has been found.
KNUD E. HANSEN - is a leading independant consultancy providing a comprehensive range of design, engineering and project management services to shipyards and ship owners around the world. Our innovative, customised solutions cover areas ranging from the building and conversion of all types of maritime vessels and offshore structures to energy optimisation and services for the offshore wind industry. KNUD E. HANSEN was founded in 1937 in Denmark. More than 700 vessels have been built to our designs and we have done over 300 successful conversions.